|Minimum Wage for Age||Annual Salary|
|23 and over||£12,655p.a.|
|21 to 22||£11,873.5p.a.|
|18 to 20||11,873.5p.a.|
Closing Date – Friday 4th June 2021 at 12 noon
Benefits & Grade – Apprentice, Minimum Wage for Age
Contract Details – Fixed Term 18 – 21 months, Required for September 2021
Contract Hours – 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date – Thursday 10th June 2021
Tilery Primary School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to train through an apprenticeship route to become a Teaching Assistant. If you are looking to start your career in education and for the opportunity to make a real positive difference in children’s lives, we welcome an application from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Work under the instruction/guidance of teaching staff
- Work alongside and shadow experienced teaching assistants
- Set out and prepare resources
- Supervise and provide support for students with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Promote good student behaviour
- Know and follow school policies
- Understand the protocols of safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Attend after school meetings and training relevant to the post
You will work towards completion of a Teaching Assistant – Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification whilst gaining relevant work experience within the school setting. Paid time to attend college will be provided.
We will provide on the job training, allowing you to gain experience supporting the Teacher / Senior staff to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, and to enable you to help pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress.
All candidates are required to meet the essential requirements set out below & in the person specification. Please address in your application how you meet the following:
- A good standard of education with a Minimum of GCSE’s in English & Maths Grade 4 / C or above (or equivalent level 2 qualification)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Flexible, Reliable, positive approach to work.
- Able to make good relationships with children and other members of staff
- Be professional and follow all school policies and procedures.
- Be willing to learn new skills and demonstrate a commitment to their own learning and employer.
How to Apply: Further information and an application pack is available from the school office on (01642) 673761 and by e-mail Tilery@sbcschools.org.uk
Application forms should be submitted by the closing date via email only to TPNicola.Stackhouse@tileryprimary.org.uk Please note: postal applications may not be considered as school will be closed for half-term until Monday 7th June.
Tilery Primary School, St Ann’s Terrace, Portrack, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 2HU
Tel: 01642 673761 Web: www.tileryprimary.org.uk